Connecting Your Future
The Online Open House is now closed. Thank you to everyone who took our service options survey!
Everett Transit's Long Range Plan
Everett Transit has connected the city of Everett’s neighborhoods and employment centers since 1893. Now it is time to think about connecting your future. In the next 20 years, Everett’s population is expected to grow by 40 to 60 percent. It is essential that we look forward together and consider how this growth will transform our community, including the future of Everett Transit service.
Everett Transit will finalize the 20-year Long Range Plan by early 2018; it will identify future transit service, establish a set of service standards, and plan how Everett Transit will serve you into the future.
Scroll down for more information about what we heard from the community earlier this year, upcoming opportunities to provide feedback, the project timeline, and related documents.
Listening to the community
We conducted our vision outreach process in June, where we reached out to the community, providing information on our plan and requesting feedback through our transit values survey.
You can watch the video of
We had over 1,000 people interacting with us either online or in person, and we received over 400 surveys that helped us understand your transit priorities and values. People told us to:
- Keep working on our mission of local service, and
- Focus on greater coverage and higher frequency service.
We are reviewing the survey results. You can expect to hear from us again early next year.
Our goal is to develop a Long Range Plan that reflects the values and vision of our community. Your input will help us develop the draft Long Range Plan with a preferred service option that describes how Everett Transit should look in the future. We will present a draft plan for feedback in early 2018 to refine the preferred service option, balancing an efficient and cost-effective system. The final Long Range Plan will follow in spring 2018, and will also define “service standards,” which will allow Everett Transit to adapt and flex the transit network to geographic, technological, financial, and demographic changes in the future.
The timeline below includes major milestones for the process, including when we expect to engage the community in the conversation.
- Click Notify Me to receive notifications when we make updates.
- For questions, comments, or to request a project briefing, contact Sabina Popa at 425-257-8805 or email@example.com.
- Stop by and chat with us when we are out-and-about in the community. Check out our upcoming events and meetings at the top of the page.
Translations and accessibility
- Our web materials can be translated into over 100 languages via google translate. To translate this page into another language, click “select language” in the top right corner.
- Alternative formats or additional translated information can be made available: 425-257-7777 or TTY relay: 711
- For information on Everett Transit website accessibility, click here.
- Service Options Drop-In Sessions - Presentation
- Service Options Drop-In Sessions - Display Boards
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017 Spanish
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017 Russian
- Long Range Plan Executive Summary Aug 2017
- ET LRP Visioning Workshop - Presentation
- ET LRP Visioning Workshop - Display Boards
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017 Spanish
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017 Russian