Service Preview for October 2021
*** Everett Transit's September service change has been moved to October 24, 2021.
Service frequency will increase significantly in October for Routes 4, 6, 7, and 29.
|Greater Weekend Service|
Routes 2 and 6 will see increased weekend service.
In addition to increased frequency Routes 2, 4, and 29 will see an increase in the number of trips provided each day.
Reaching New Destinations
Route 4 will now serve the Riverside Business Park, providing service to a growing commercial sector of our city.
Everett Transit has received COVID-19 recovery funds, allowing the agency an opportunity to restore some of the service cut during the pandemic. This service change will take affect in October 2021.
Using the recent feedback collected from customer surveys, we plan to adjust several routes, restoring service where it is needed most. In this brochure you will find information regarding changes to route frequency, service area and span of service.
We have evaluated route 4 and plan to remove service in an area with low ridership to provide service to growing businesses off of E Marine View Dr.
The online comment and feedback period has ended for the October 2021 Service Change Proposal. Thank you to all who took the time to submit feedback.
Bi-directional service between Mall Station and Mariner Park & Ride via 7th Ave., 112th St. SW and 4th Ave.
- Add service on Sunday
- Add earlier weekday trips northbound and southbound
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 7:11 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:45 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:45 a.m. – 5:41 p.m.
Service to northeast Everett neighborhoods between Everett Community College and Everett Station.
- Upgrade weekday service to every 45 minutes (current is every hour)
- Add earlier weekday service
- Add service to the Riverside Business Park (Amazon, FedEx, etc.)
- Remove service with low ridership on Harrison Ave. and 23rd
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 5:50 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:10 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:30 a.m. – 6:10 p.m.
New route map:
Click the map to enlarge
Service between Everett Station and Everett’s waterfront via downtown. Serves Providence Hospital’s Pacific campus, Everett Naval Station and Port of Everett.
- Restore service seven days a week
- Service every 40 minutes
- It will end at 13th and W Marine View Dr. instead of Everett Community College
- Monday – Friday: 6:20 a.m. – 6:10 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Operates along the major corridors in Everett between College Station and Mall Station. It serves Broadway, downtown Everett, Rucker Ave., Evergreen Way and Everett Mall Way.
- Restore service to every 15 minutes from
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (current is every 20 minutes)
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. – 9:45 p.m.
Travels between College Station and Mall Station. It primarily serves the eastside: Everett Ave., Lowell neighborhood, Pinehurst neighborhood, 19th Ave., Silver Lake, South Everett Freeway Station and 7th Ave.
- Upgrade weekday service to every 30 minutes (current is every 45 minutes)
- Upgrade weekend service to every 45 minutes (current is every hour)
- Add later weekday trips northbound and southbound
- Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Effective July 12, route 70 will continue to provide two morning and two afternoon commute trips. It will end/start at the new Seaway Transit Center rather than run on Boeing Perimeter Road.
Open house information coming soon!
To request this information in a different format, please call 425-257-7777.