New and improved ORCA is here! ORCA customers will now have access to these helpful new tools:
- ORCA App
- on-bus card readers
- ORCA kiosks
- ORCA vendors
Additional features and updates will continue to roll out through the year, including new and improved look to your ORCA card and phone tap-to-pay options. You can learn more about new ORCA features by visiting: MyORCA.com
The ORCA card is accepted as fare payment for:
- Everett Transit
- Community Transit
- Sound Transit
- King County Metro Transit
- Kitsap Transit
- Pierce Transit
- Washington State Ferries
1. Put money into the ORCA card E-purse
Load money onto your card’s E-purse, which is used like cash to pay bus or train fares. The fare for your rides are subtracted from the E-purse.
2. Buy a monthly pass for your ORCA card
A monthly regional pass is good on Everett Transit, Community Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit buses and Sound Transit buses and trains.
You can choose from many different monthly passes. Buy a pass that has the per-trip value of the trip you usually take.
The pass is good for trips with fares up to the per-trip value of your pass. If the fare of any trip is more than your pass, you can pay the difference with your E-purse.
Passes are only valid for one calendar month.
- A July pass is valid July 1-31.
- If you buy the July monthly pass on July 13, the monthly pass is only valid until July 31.
- The 14th of July is the last eligible day to purchase a July pass.
- You may purchase an August pass beginning July 1, but the pass will be valid starting August 1.
Transfer to buses and trains easily using ORCA
If you need to take more than one bus or train to complete to your trip, the ORCA card automatically calculates and transfers the fare as long as the transfer happens within 2 hours of your initial fare payment.
Use your ORCA card for a specific transit agency
Some transit agencies sell passes that cover multiple rides on their service only. Call during regular business hours for more information.
How do you get an ORCA card?
ORCA cards cost $3. Once you have a card, you can add between $0.25 and $400 on the card's E-purse or a monthly pass. There are many ways to get an ORCA card:
Phone:1-425-257-7777 (TTY Relay: 711)
Customer Service Center at:
3201 Smith Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Ticket vending machines at:
3201 Smith Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Once you have an ORCA card, you can load a pass or add value to your E-purse at a retail outlet. There are many retail outlets in the region. To find the nearest outlet, contact your local transit agency.
ORCA Retail Outlets in Everett
- QFC 2615 Broadway Mon-Sun: 7:30 am to 8 pm
- QFC 4919 Evergreen Way Mon-Sat: 10 am to 7 pm, Sun: 10 am to 6 pm
- Safeway 5802 134th Pl SE • Mon-Sun: 9 am to 8 pm
- Safeway 1715 Broadway • Mon-Sun: 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Safeway 4128 Rucker Ave • Mon-Sun: 10 am to 8 pm
- Safeway 11031 19th Ave SE • Mon-Sun: 9:30 am to 9 pm
To reload your ORCA card download the ORCA App or visit: https://www.myorca.com/reload-my-card/
On the bus:
Tap your ORCA card at the card reader next to the bus driver. Pay as you get on the bus.
If the fare is more than the value of your pass, you must pay the difference with E-purse or cash. If you pay a reduced fare, you must also show a valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit.
When paying fare with ORCA, a 2-hour transfer credit equal to the fare paid is issued to the card. If your next bus fare is equal or less than the fare for your first trip, you pay nothing. Conversely, if your next bus fare is more that the fare for your first trip, you are obligated to pay the difference.
Register your ORCA Card
What are the benefits of registering your ORCA Card?
Your registered card is linked to your name. Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) ORCA cards for disabled or senior customers are registered upon receipt.
My ORCA features.
- View transaction history.
- See the products stored on your card.
- Track purchases such as E-purse, a monthly pass or order additional cards.
- Report a lost, stolen or damaged card and get it replaced.
You get balance protection.
- Login to report a lost, stolen or damaged card, and follow “Report Lost/Stolen” prompts. The missing card will be blocked.
- Order a replacement card for $5 (RRFP $3). A valid pass will automatically transfer to the replacement card. E-purse will transfer in 8 to 10 days.
Autoload means always having fare.
- Your monthly pass will be available the first time you use it in the new month.
- The amount you select will be added to your E-purse when the existing value isn’t enough to cover your trip.
You get personalized customer service.
- Call center and walk-in service.
- Secure access when you contact customer service.
If your card was provided by your employer or other organization, card registration benefits may be different. Contact the person or office who provided your card.
ORCA websites and any ORCA customer services that require personal identifying information are not intended for minors, and we will not accept or request information from individuals we know to be under 18.
Visit MyORCA.com to register your account and card today.